Tuesday, May 3, 2016

“I have been asked what I mean by word of honor. I will tell you: Place me behind prison walls-walls of stone ever so high, ever so thick, reaching ever so far into the ground- there is a possibility that in some way or another I might be able to escape; but stand me on the floor and draw a chalk line around me and have me give my word of honor never to cross it. Can i get out of that circle? No, never! I’d die first”.                                               
   -Karl G. Maesar

Reflection:  This quote states that your word of honor is what you shall never disobey. It is sort of like a promise. You have to be true to your word. As you read that Karl G. Maeser said that he will not step out of that circle he’d rather die. He says that because he is truthful to his word. That is his word of honor. Like if he was to go to jail, there are possibilities of him escaping compared to them making him keep his word of honor. Then he won't escape. We should all follow the concept of this quote.

No comments:

Post a Comment